Many people have the question of whether the doctor will accept the UnitedHealthcare Medicare Plan that they have.
Well, as lots of people have asked us this question, today we are here with a detailed article on this question featuring all the details that you should know as an answer to it.
What is Medicare and What Does Medicare Cover?
If you are not very well aware of Medicare, then let us begin by explaining it.
Medicare is a program for health insurance coverage by the U.S. federal government for people who are 65 years in age or older. Medicare insurance programs can also be availed by people under the age of 65 if they are facing some special situations (terms and conditions apply) or disabled in any manner.
Millions of American citizens who are senior citizens or disabled benefit with the Medicare insurance coverage.
Medicare insurance coverage can be availed either directly from the federal government and Original Medicare or by approaching a private insurance company who is approved and authorized to provide Medicare insurance plans to eligible customers.
Private insurance companies like UnitedHealthcare that offers Medicare insurance plans provide customers with additional and flexible package options wherein customers get different benefits and conveniences than over the Medicare plans offered by the federal government.
Depending on the Medicare coverage that you have availed, the Medicare insurance policy can cover services from hospital or doctors, medical supplies, prevention services, and outpatient care.
There are mainly 4 different Medicare parts that cover different benefits:
- Medicare Part A: This is known as the Original Medicare and covers claims done under hospice care, inpatient bills, nursing home care, and certain health care benefits.
- Medicare Part B: This covers outpatient bills, preventive services, doctor’s consultation bills, and medicinal bills.
- Medicare Part C: Private insurance companies provide Medicare Part C and it can be a combination featuring benefits from Part A and Part B mentioned above. The insurance coverage offered by private companies can also include benefits that are not a part of Medicare.
- Medicare Part D: This adds coverage of prescription drugs to the Original Medicare plan.
Will My Doctor Accept My UnitedHealthcare Medicare Plans?
If what you need is a to-the-point answer on whether the doctor you are consulting will accept your medical insurance that comes under the UnitedHealthcare Medicare Plans, then the answer to it is that it depends on several factors.
One of the prime factors is the type of UnitedHealthcare Medicare Plan that you have availed.
There are over 6,000 hospitals that support health insurance plans by UnitedHealthcare, which roughly translated to over 1.2 million physicians in total.
Each physician or hospital will only support certain UnitedHealthcare Medicare Plans. Sometimes, the support can be restricted to one or several insurance plans by UnitedHealthcare.
So, it is best that you confirm with the hospital and physician you are consulting on whether they will accept the My UnitedHealthcare Medicare Plan that you have.
How to Choose a UnitedHealthcare Medicare Plan?
If you wish to register for a new UnitedHealthcare Medicare plan and wants to know about the different health insurance plans that are offered by UnitedHealthcare, then below is how you can do the same.
- First of all, visit the official web page by UnitedHealthcare by clicking here.
- Once the web page loads up completely on your web browser, you will find a text box.
- Enter the 5-digit ZIP code of your area.
- After entering the ZIP code, click on the red-colored button that says “Find Plan & Enroll”.
- Now, a new tab will automatically open.
- In this new tab, you will be provided with an official list of UnitedHealthcare Medicare plans that are offered for the area recognized by the ZIP code you entered.
How to Enroll in a UnitedHealthcare Medicare Plan?
Once you pick a UnitedHealthcare Medicare plan, the next objective is to enroll for the medical insurance plan.
There are two ways by which you can enroll for a UnitedHealthcare Medicare Plan: either on phone or by completing the registration online.
Method 1: Enroll for UnitedHealthcare Medicare Plan Online
- Follow the steps mentioned in the above section of “How to Choose a UnitedHealthcare Medicare Plan” in order to find a medical insurance plan that is offered in your area.
- Once you find an insurance plan that fits your requirements, click on the “Enroll in Plan” button.
- Read the terms and agree to it by ticking on the “I have read the above information” checkbox.
- Now, click on the button labeled “Next”.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen and provided all the requested information to complete the online enrollment of your medical insurance plan.
Method 2: Enroll for UnitedHealthcare Medicare Plan on Phone
You can talk to a real person representing UnitedHealthcare and get help in enrolling for a medical insurance plan by UnitedHealthcare.
To get support on phone, you need to call the number 1-855-259-8119 (TTY 711).
The UnitedHealthcare phone number mentioned above is available to receive calls all days during the week, including weekends and holidays. The working hours of the phone number mentioned above are from 8AM to 8PM local time.